Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 6 - 9/1/11

The sun is out and the weather is mild so it is back to the car and crack on with the wiring looms.  I want to get the cabling out of the cabin so I can put the interior back in and get the trestles cut and bolted together.

I have now got the airbag system cabling removed with the exception of the front sensors. I continued the stripping and finally got to release the relays on the bulk head and bulkhead connectors that lead to the engine bay.  Not sure about what each relay does what but if I don’t have to disconnect them they should be right when they go back in the new car.

However I have run into a minor issue I need a steering wheel puller.  In order to remove the cabling harness I need to remove the cross brace bar which the steering column mounts on and remove the heater air con unit to access the cabling harness.  The steering wheel is now getting in the way.  So until I get a puller sorted I moved on to something else - The alarm unit.  I took the ultrasonic sensors out of the roof and then went under the bonnet to remove the sounder and bonnet switch.  In order to get the wiring out I had to remove the air filter.






Eventually after five hours of stripping the cabling I still wasn’t finished so I finished off removing the horns – just so I can say to have made some progress today.

No comments:

Post a Comment