Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 2 – 31/12/10

Now full of cold and throat feels like I swallowed a razor.  Had yesterday off but found the iron work for the trestle design and the posts I will need are £15 a piece and I reckon another £30 or so for the remaining timber.








Took some photos of the car after the first days work.  The wheels are still tight on the hubs so I will lower the car back on the wheels before slackening off the nuts and finishing off stripping the interior and wiring. Not wanting to swing on a tyre iron with the whole car in the air.  The poor weather has caused the brake disks to corrode a lot more than I had expected as well as other parts of the car which puts pressure on me to strip the car as soon as possible.

So I removed the carpeting and continued the process of labelling each connector on the cable harness carefully cutting it free and pulling it back towards the driver’s foot well.  The after-market wiring has started to get in the way, the Tracker unit, the alarm unit, automatic window closers and clearly there has been a number of other modifications which have had been installed and removed either before import or after by one of the previous owners.  It was fast becoming a big can of worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment