Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 3 – 2/1/11

Spent last night browsing through the Impreza workshop manual I downloaded from the internet.  There were a number of connections on the wiring harness I wasn’t sure about on the fuel tank so I wanted to be sure about the connections.  The manual indicates there are actually 2 pumps one on each side of the tank and 2 combined senders for the level sensor but the cabling doesn’t make sense.  I suspect the tank flanges will have to come off before I can confirm.

Moved on to the Dashboard this morning and managed to get the passenger airbag out and took the centre console out taking the temperature controls, radio, ashtray, demist switch, hazard switch and of course the obligatory cup holder.

I was a bit concerned with the CKC build document when they used a flexible screwdriver to remove the windscreen edge fixings but I managed it just with a ¼ socket driver, 10mm socket and extension.  I removed the clocks and with some jiggery pokery (easier with 2 people) managed to remove the dash board.

With the dash board removed I was able to see the remainder of the job for the cabin cable harness and promptly decided to move on to something else.


Removing the wing mirrors and see what the doors are going to be like by removing the card on the driver’s door.  I would advise you pull out the window switch console and disconnect it then 2 screws and pop the card out. What’s that noise? Oh dear Hailstones stop play for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment