Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 77: Newark Show and contact at last

A mate of mine has been thinking about a kit car.  And with the Newark show on the horizon I ask if he want to join me.  It was looking like it was going to be a great show Ronart were going to be there, some new vehicles were being launched/displayed for the first time and from last year’s experience there was a pretty good club scene.  It was all gearing up for a great show.

However we can’t plan the weather which was atrocious with high winds and lashing rain.  Hence the majority of the club cars stayed away and those that did turned up it wasn’t a nice environment to peruse the cars and chat to the owners.  I did manage to talk to Arthur Wolstenholme the creator and director of Ronart Cars.  There was a V12 W152 which looked awesome especially for a 10 year old car.  Arthur showed me an article in the June edition of Jaguar World magazine. The W152 uses a Jaguar XJ series as its donor for engine, transmission, suspension etc. I recall reading ages ago that Jaguar had an issue with their name being used on the Ronart cars as it wasn’t a “proper” Jaguar.  Could be Jaguar World think a little different.


I decided that seeing as I hadn’t heard from the lads I tracked down a fellow Murtaya owner who had a completed car (IBIS White) and asked him if he could take a few pictures of his car for me.  He happily agreed to help though when he told me the car was in storage and soon heading to Scoobyprojects I felt a little guilty for putting him out and curious about what he was having done.


I also decided another email to Andy was in order asking if I could come down and meet him and if he had access to the workshop, a car, drawings etc, and most important my outstanding Kit.   To my surprise I got a response the same day agreeing and offering access to cars and the workshop.  I got in touch with Stuart and we quickly agreed to fix a date.  Fingers crossed I will get the miriad of questions buzzing around my head answered.  The cars they have available, I’m guessing slightly, are the red race car and the Avendator Orange RT2 which according to andy was still waiting a custom ECU for that highly modified engine.


No comments:

Post a Comment