Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 13 – 4/2/11 Bigger Spanner

Finished work early to spend the last few day light hours on the car.  I need to create more torque to undo the nuts and the half inch socket set although better than my own I’m still not able to compete with 12 years of exposure to road elements and installation with air powered tool.  I am at risk of toppling the car off the axle stands heaving on the ratchet.  I looked around to find an extension tube I could fit over the ratchet.  It took a while but eventually I found a piece of shopping display rack that was heavy enough to do the job. The piece was five foot long which was too long for the job but it was enough to slowly and evenly apply the torque on the nut and the nuts started coming off without issue.  Now I was able to drop the aluminium lower suspension arms and remove the shocks and springs and tomorrow, with the help of a few friends, i should be able to lower the engine and gear box.

No comments:

Post a Comment