Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 54 - the boot lock

This afternoon I decided to drill the holes for the lock mechanism on the boot. I’d received basic measurements from Ben for the lock centre.  On the CKC build the located the lock in line with the hole cut in the back and then made an extension rod to suit.  However Graham just moved the lock closer to the latch and use the existing connecting rod.  So using his measurements I cut the lock hole with a 20mm hole saw then I tried an OCC – American Chopper method of putting tape over the donor car lock hole and cutting the key profiles out and then transfer the tape to the boot lid. 


Can’t say it really worked that well if I’m honest but that was probably down to the workers technique rather than the tools.  But it worked. I drilled the last hole for the connecting rod to fit through which seemed in the photos to be larger than necessary.  But when the rod is in place the rod is at an angle so moves laterally when operated with the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment