Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 49 grilles and doors

I got home today and found a note saying a delivery was with my neighbours.  I popped round and picked up the box.  Inside the box well wrapped in bubble-wrap were the 4 Grilles one for the rear and three for the front.  Awesome!  Graham had told me the check the friction welded stud fixings as they had slipped on an earlier build.  All looked good.  Just wish the rest would turn up.
I decided to mount the doors and dug the hinges out of the box.   The bottom hinges have been modified because of the shallowness of the doors (part of the character of the car) The driver’s side door hung okay but the door seemed to be sitting too far back so it wouldn’t actually close - Another question for Ben Do I need to slot the hinges?  I went on to the other door and immediately something was wrong the lower hinge it wouldn’t line up with the top hinge. It looked twisted. It was late so I called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment