Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 58 - Finish off and start the next job

Today I mounted the Front brake callipers, finished off the hand brake cables mounting the donor car P clips on the Diff nose bracket and the diff nose bracket...bracket if you get my drift. The photo will explain better.

  The prop shaft centre mount was next I drilled out the pilot hole on the passenger side and fitted the bolt replacing the 60mm M10’s with 40mm.  I tried to drill the driver’s side at an angle but in the end I trimmed the spreader washer and ground a small groove in the tunnel so the bolt fitted square - Job done.


I took the bonnet off its resting place on the car and put it on the floor and broke out the reciprocating saw.  I covered the car and a few other areas with dust cloths and marked I line around the cut out area on the three grille areas.  This line was about 5mm inside the final edge to give me something to play with when finishing the edge. I used the dremel to cut slots in the waste area and then used the saw to join the slots.  The plan is to use a power file, dremel and hand files to finish the edge off.

No comments:

Post a Comment