Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 30 – 5-9/5/11


The metal ready, solvent and topcoat turned up today so this evening I set about cleaning and prepping the fuel tank mounting straps, the washers for the front wishbone bush washers and radiator fan motors.  I took a look at the parts I had painted at the weekend.  I bought the topcoat because the first coat looked quite dull and I wanted it to be a thicker finish but after looking at the second coat I might have changed my mind about the topcoat.  As I had it I put the top coat on.  The top coat was thicker than the first two coats but still went on well.

I have had a call from MCS about the parts I had shot blasted and dry powder coated.  The shot blasters weren’t happy with the rear diff bushes and couldn’t blast without removing the bushes.  I was told initially they had removed the bushes and that I would have to press them back in.  A later call revealed they had actually cut them out and that I would have to find some new ones.  Another 50 notes! The problem is actually finding them.  They do not appear on the Polybush website, nor on Flat4online.co.uk. I did manage to find one on the powerflexshop.com web site.  But on the bright side I can pick up the sub frames and manifold tomorrow and have a busy weekend ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment