Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 23 – 22/2/11 not the garden variety bushes

I spoke with Graham at work today and after a bit of discussion came to the conclusion that replacing the worst of the bushes probably wasn’t the best of ideas so the workload has suddenly increased. And I may need to get hold of a press.  Kim is on holiday this week, Cyprus I think.  But I suspect once she is back at college after half term the college’s facilities will prove most useful.  There are enough tips and tricks on You tube that I should be able to remove some, if not all, the old bushes.  Graham said a full Poly bush set would cost about £360 and I found a so called full set on Ebay for £370.  I say “so called” because whilst the set looks comprehensive the rear sub-frame mounting bushes and grommets do not appear in the kit content list.  Graham said there weren’t any bushes mounting the sub-frame to the chassis.  However Polyurethane bushes have a longer life than the rubber variety, a better performance and one thing less to go wrong later.



Graham sent me an email confirming the set I found on EBay were the same he would supply, only he can supply them a little cheaper.  A friend at work reckoned he might be able to get the set cheaper so I figure I’ll give him the chance but will probably be putting another substantial amount in Grahams account early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment