Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 86 - Windscreen Doh!


The plumber came round during the week to do a bit of work under the floor to stop the pipes from freezing again over the fast approaching winter. Unfortunately with his head and shoulders under the floor his feet were swaying about and kicked over the windscreen cracking it into a dozen pieces. Doh!

I managed to contact the supplier and it turns out that the windscreen is from a Citroen AX which is not a problem to get hold of if it wasn’t heated. But heated is a custom option and there are none available.  He suggested I try Arden Automotive to see if they have any on stock as in the past they had bought a couple at a time.  But he never came back to me.  I have managed to contact the manufacturer of the custom windscreen But it is likely he wouldn’t have a screen in place until January/February next year.

Now the IVA test requires that there be a form of heater/blower to clear the screen which leaves me with a dilemma.  Do I order the heated screen and hope it comes in time or do fit a dedicated screen blower into the dash board which means cutting holes.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, do you still have your Murtaya? I notice the blog hasn't been updated in many years? Did you ever get it finished?

    ReplyDelete